Yesterday the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC) released an exposure draft of proposed new International Valuation Standards (IVS) for public comment.
The IVS are designed to:
- promote consistency and aid the understanding of valuations of all types by identifying or developing globally accepted principles and terminology,
- identify and promulgate common principles for the undertaking of valuation assignments and the reporting of valuations,
- identify the appropriate valuation objectives and solutions for the major purposes for which valuations are required,
- identify specific issues that require consideration when valuing different types of assets or liabilities,
- promote the convergence of existing valuation standards that are in use in different sectors and states.
Comments may be sent as email attachments to CommentLetters@ivsc.org, or by post to the International Valuation Standards Board, 41 Moorgate, London EC2R 6PP, United Kingdom.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.