In the April issue of Business Valuation Update, the section formerly called Legal & Court Case Updates has been renamed BV Case Update and Analysis to better describe the content in that section. Also, our new monthly BV News At-a-Glance gives a fingertip summary of timely developments in the profession. In addition, here’s what you’ll see:
- Fannon and Dunitz Bridge the Gap in the Practice of Economic Damages (BVR Editor). An interview with Nancy J. Fannon (Meyers, Harrison & Pia) and Jonathan M. Dunitz, Esq. (Verrill Dana), who have just completed the fourth edition of the book, The Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages.
- Multifactor Scorecard Analysis Helps With Debt-Versus-Equity Problem (J. Richard Claywell). The author presents a scorecard analysis based on the Mixon case and others that analysts can use to help make a determination of whether money transferred to a company represents debt or equity.
- Experts Field Queries on Hot Topics Affecting Midstream Oil & Gas Firms (BVR Editor). Dan Visich and Tom Ramos, oil and gas valuation experts who are both with BDO Consulting, recently answered questions on how some current issues are affecting oil and gas firms in the midstream sector.
- New Approach to FMV of Physician Pay Could End Hospital Woes (BVR Editor). Unless there’s a change of outlook over the fair market value of physician compensation, hospitals will stay on the government’s radar for fraud and abuse claims. Speakers at the recent AICPA Healthcare Industry Conference in Las Vegas challenge conventional wisdom and offer a different approach.
- Regular Features: BV News At-a-Glance, Ask the Experts, Tip of the Month, Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BV Case Update and Analysis: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To read these articles and the case digests, see the upcoming April issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.