KPMG’s Global Valuation Institute (GVI) has issued a call for research proposals “to bridge academic research with practice excellence by funding relevant research on current valuation matters affecting companies, investors and regulators.” Individuals, groups or organizations that meet the research criteria can receive funding up to $5,000.
Research topics include:
Valuations for Regulatory Purposes (e.g., financial reporting, tax)
- Valuation issues under IFRS - a survey approach
- Cultural, sector, and regional factors in impairments
- Valuation of intellectual property
- Use of real options in financial reporting
- Purchase price allocation valuations - drawing lessons from past acquisitions
- The impact of tax rates on value
- The impact of country tax regulations on the value and location of intangible assets
- Does M&A create long-term shareholder value? Empirical study
- Corporate valuations in restructuring settings
- Joint ventures in emerging markets
- Approaches to valuing intellectual property in disputes
For more information click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.