On May 10-11, the AICPA/AAML will once again sponsor their biennial national conference on divorce in Las Vegas. As in prior years, each session will feature an attorney and a BV appraiser speaking to both the legal and valuation sides of a particular issue. This year, look for these prominent teams to take on such timely topics as:
- Sharyn Maggio and Miriam Mason, on the most frequent mistakes made by BV experts, according to the latest court cases;
- George Hawkins, on finding business value amidst economic chaos;
- Barry Sziklay and Steven Barranca, on how to avoid malpractice by spotting hidden tax issues;
- Jerome Johnson and Andrew Schwartz on fraudulent transfer issues;
- Neil Beaton and Laura Dale on valuing assets outside the U.S.;
- Haran Levy and Randall Wilhite, on navigating the intersection between estate planning and divorce;
- David Levy and Ron Seigneur, on how to avoid a letter from any disciplinary authority; and
- Kenneth Altshuler and Randall B. Wilhite, on the 10 most important rules for testifying experts.
For more information and a complete conference agenda, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.