During this week’s American Society of Appraisers 2020 International Conference, the organization announced the winners of the 2020 ASA Annual Awards. Winners are from the various appraisal disciplines, including business valuation, appraisal review and management, real and personal property, machinery and technical specialties and gems and jewelry. The winners are:
- Chapter Member of the Year: Lloyd Werner (LDW Appraisals);
- Chapter Education Event Award: Houston Chapter;
- Chapter Outreach Program Award: Chicago Chapter;
- Chapter of the Year Award: Houston Chapter;
- Rising Stars Award: Laurie-Leigh White (BVA Group), Muath Alkhalaf (Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia), Joshua George (F.N.B. Equipment Finance), Syed M. Zaidi (Ascend by Cirium), Debrah Dunner (Aesthetica Art Services LLC), Allan Wes McBrayer (CBRE), and Kennon Young (Vermont Gemological Laboratory);
- Examiner of the Year: Raymond Rath (Globalview Advisors LLC);
- NAIFA Appraiser of the Year Award: Michael Lange Jr. (ASA Chapter VP);
- NAIFA Paul Wetzel Award: David Doering (Missouri Property Appraisal Inc.);
- Jerry Larkins Volunteer Service Award: Paul Cogley (recently retired from Banc of America Leasing);
- Susan Wade Olsen Award of Merit: Sharlyne Tsai (ASA), Fran Tucker (ASA), and Gregory Reinfeld (ASA);
- Woman Appraiser of the Year Award: Melanie Modica (Modica Fine Art); and
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Jay E. Fishman (Financial Research Associates) and Paul Roberts (International Appraisal Co.).
To see the full list and more details, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.