The AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Center just released “Characteristics and Skills of the Forensic Accountant,” a report commissioned to determine the essential traits and core skills forensic accountants should possess to be effective investigators. Based on a survey of attorneys, academics and CPAs, the report results indicate economic damages calculations and valuation were two of the top four specialties required for a forensic accountant.
The research also revealed that the top five most frequent reasons why forensic accountants are ineffective:
- Inability to simplify the information
- Ineffective oral communication
- Inability to understand the goals of a case
- Inability to identify key issues
- Lack of investigative intuitiveness
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.