The April issue of the FactSet Mergerstat Monthly Review is now available. Highlights of the report include:
- Global M&A activity declined 5.6%;
- Nineteen of the 21 tracked sectors saw declines in M&A activity over the past three months compared to the same three months one year prior;
- The two sectors that saw increases were industrial services and transportation;
- Topping the list of the largest deals announced in March were:
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. agreeing to acquire Alleghany Corp. for $11.5 billion; and
- Thoma Bravo LP's deal to acquire Anaplan Inc. for $9.9 billion.
The FactSet Mergerstat Monthly Review is included with the purchase of the annual FactSet Mergerstat Review publication.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.