1 Year Subscription: $669.00|
|Valuation Handbook — Risk Premium Toolkit subscribers will receive the 2016 Valuation Handbook — Guide to Cost of Capital (available March 2016), three quarterly dataset updates delivered via PDF, and the Duff & Phelps Update, a quarterly email with tips and timely news. 2016 data is now available in the Toolkit.
Designed by Roger Grabowski and James Harrington, the Valuation Handbook — Risk Premium Toolkit (formerly the Risk Premium Calculator) is a web-based model that offers defensible cost of capital measures, particularly for small target companies. Users can enter 1-18 inputs and the online Toolkit instantly delivers a fully customizable “Executive Summary” in Microsoft Word format that includes sourcing, key inputs, and a concluded range of cost of equity capital estimates using both the buildup and CAPM methods. In addition, a detailed record of all inputs, outputs, and calculations is exported to a “Support and Detail” Microsoft Excel workbook. Use of the Toolkit ensures accuracy and prevents spreadsheet errors.
This valuable Toolkit also delivers historical equity risk premiums (ERPs) and size premiums for 25 size ranked portfolios using 8 alternative measures of company size. Grabowski and Harrington have built functionality into the Risk Premium Toolkit that analyzes and reports on high financial risk companies – one of many features never previously available in any risk premium tool on the market.
Benefits of the Risk Premium Toolkit include:
- Two essential sets of valuation data: the CRSP Size Study (the data previously available in the Morningstar/Ibbotson SBBI Valuation Yearbook), and the Duff & Phelps Risk Premium Study
- Automatic output — COE for your subject company is calculated using up to five different methods, and a summary of the results is presented in an “Executive Summary” in Microsoft Word format, plus a detailed, auditable, record of all inputs, outputs, and calculations in Microsoft Excel workbook format
- Built-in risk free rate lookup — no need to retrieve the rate yourself, the Toolkit finds it for you based on your valuation date
- Equity risk premium adjustment (a.k.a. market risk premium) — the Toolkit makes this adjustment, a crucial step often overlooked by valuation analysts
- Time-saving and user-friendly — user experience is easy, while at the same time maintaining the same analytical horsepower of the Duff & Phelps report "under the hood"
- Print copy of the 2016 Valuation Handbook - Guide to Cost of Capital (available March 2016) and three quarterly dataset updates delivered via PDF (Toolkit includes 2015 Valuation Handbook data)
- Access to historical Duff & Phelps Risk Premium Reports from 1998-2013 and the Duff & Phelps Update, a quarterly email with tips and timely news
- Detailed step-by-step user guides for both data sets (see FAQ page)
Please note: If you would like the Key Variables PDF that includes key information from the 2016 Valuation Handbook – Guide to Cost of Capital publication, please email BVR at email@example.com or call us at 503-291-7963 and we’ll email the PDF to you.